Consent Orders and Financial Agreements Property Disputes Property Settlements

What happens when the parties are unable to reach an agreement about the division of property?

If you cannot reach agreement with your former partner then an application for property settlement must be filed. There are ongoing opportunities to settle proceedings before a decision is made by the Court. Where a settlement is not reached then the Court will make a decision as to how the property of the couple should be divided after a hearing. If the property is complex then the Family Court will hear the matter.