Consent Orders and Financial Agreements Property Settlements

What happens when parties are able to reach an agreement about the division of property?

Your family lawyer will carefully consider all aspects of your case and advise you on your entitlements. Your lawyer will assist you to negotiate with your former partner in an attempt to reach an amicable outcome.

Parties are often able to reach an agreement about a property settlement and they can then apply to the Court for Consent Orders which is a relatively simple and inexpensive process.

If Consent Orders are made then the parties can rely on the knowledge that their agreement is binding and enforceable. An additional advantage is that certain tax benefits may be available to you.

An alternative to Consent Orders is a binding financial agreement which has different considerations and benefits.