child arrangements Relocation and Recovery

My spouse has threatened to take my child overseas. Can he do that?

There may be circumstances where you may require an injunction or a restraining order. This is a court order to stop someone from doing something which may disadvantage you, such as stopping your spouse/partner from withdrawing savings out of a bank account or taking the children overseas or moving the children’s residence or school without your consent.

Vanessa Mathews
Managing Director FDRP and Mediator