Consent Orders and Financial Agreements Property Settlements

If both parties have reached a property division agreement, how can they be sure their agreement is binding and enforceable?

Parties are often able to reach an agreement about a property settlement with the help of their lawyers. Where parties reach an agreement they can apply to the Court for Consent Orders which is a relatively simple and inexpensive process. When Consent Orders are made the parties gain the benefit of knowing their agreement is binding and enforceable.