How do I apply for nullity?

You can apply for nullity by filing an Initiating Application.   This is a standard form that can be found on the family court website.   It requires detailed information about the parties involved and the reasons for the request.  In addition to this Initiating Application, you must submit an affidavit that includes the facts you are using to claim the marriage should be nullified as well as details of the marriage ceremony.

While you can fill out the forms on your own, it’s best to seek legal advice prior to submitting any documentation to the courts to insure that you have done all of the work in accordance with the rules of the courts and that you have a proper claim for nullification.

Vanessa Mathews
Managing Director FDRP and Mediator