Child Support Child Support

Child Support – The Basics

Child Support can be sought via the Child Support Agency or a Child Support Agreement. Legal and adoptive parents will be recognised as having parental responsibilities towards the child.

Parenting Orders. may be sought in the Local Court, the Federal Circuit Court or the Family Court. The principles that apply to the legal parents of children of marriages also apply to the legal parents of children of same sex couple relationships. A partial resolution to this issue is for the co-parents to apply to adopt the child, this step will entitle the co-parent to many of the rights of a legal parent.

Vanessa Mathews
Managing Director FDRP and Mediator