Adult Child Maintenance Child Support

Can my son/daughter receive child support now that they are at university?

If a child is over the age of 18 and engaged in tertiary study it is possible to seek Adult Child Maintenance. A mental or physical disability of the child can also require such payments.

Orders for Maintenance need to be sought from the Court or it is possible to obtain these Orders by consent.

Vanessa Mathews
Managing Director FDRP and Mediator