child arrangements Living Arrangements

Can court orders help grandparents see their grandchildren?

Grandparents (or with an ongoing relationship with the children) can apply for an order to spend time with them.

As long as it is in their best interest, children have a right to spend time with significant people in their lives.

Grandparents must show that an order to spend time with the children is in the best interests of the children. They also may need to attend family dispute resolution before they can apply to the Court.

Vanessa Mathews
Managing Director FDRP and Mediator